Director of Children & Families Ministry
The Director of Children’s and Families Ministries is a part-time position that provides leadership and vision to program development, volunteer coordination, implementation and direction to staff and volunteers who are committed to shepherding children, birth through fifth grade; providing faith-formation opportunities for children to grow in grace and knowing Christ. These opportunities include Sunday morning classes, Vacation Bible School, and other events. This position exists in order to help NCC achieve it’s Core Values and Mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage children and families in worship.
- Provide leadership and vision to overall program development, coordination, implementation and direction to staff and volunteers who are committed to shepherding children birth through grade 5.
- Align children and families ministries with Nature Coast’s Core Values
- Manage the design, programming, communications and other issues regarding children and family Ministries,
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs for children and recommend needed changes,
- Recruit and train teachers and volunteers
- Plan and lead weekly children group meetings in concert with adult volunteers,
- Promote children participation in various NC ministries and worship.
- Communicate with congregation and community on NC programs and activities through media outlets.
- Meet with the elders to implement the vision and goals.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for church families,
- Coordinate selection of curriculum, supplies, and resources for Sunday programs, VBS, and seasonal events.
- Implement / update the Child Protection Policy (CPP),
- Coordinate children’s events,
- Publicize children’s ministry events in cooperation with NC Staff
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and Nature Coast Worship services.
- Serve as the staff resource person to the Children and Families Ministry
Team (CFMT) and attend team meetings, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: child and/or adolescent development, Christian education, religious studies, Bible and Christian theology, human resources, volunteer recruitment and supervision.
- Christian maturity. Exhibits a strong moral character. Dedicates time to worship, prayer, and Christian service. Passion for worship and the local church. Passion for Christ His Finished work and His glory.
- Compassion. Demonstrates genuine care for other people by sympathizing with their sufferings and rejoicing with them in their successes. Offers to help others. Is polite and considerate to people of all ages.
- Collaboration. Seeks input from the staff, ministry teams, and congregational members regarding children’s ministries. Accepts feedback and direction from the senior pastor and the elders.
Partners with other staff members and ministry teams to develop events and programs that foster inter-generational fellowship and better cooperation and communication throughout the congregation.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- The Children’s and Families Director will report to the office administrator
- Weekdays and Weekends required
Salary: $16-18 hourly
****** Nature Coast Church is an equal opportunity employer******
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19